Dec 15 FT Host/Hostess – Paschal’s Resturant
Summary: Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which includes: cooking and plating food products according to recipes and company standards. Prepares food products within specifications and follows safe food handling procedures. Serve as the designated Trainer for the Associate Certified Trainer (ACT) Program. Train new cooks and other employees on company standards, policies and procedures-based program guidelines and /or brand training and position requirements.
1. Cooks and plates all food products in accordance with company standards.
2. Organizes and plans activities by reviewing daily pull and prep lists.
3. Cooks and stores food at required temperatures; labels, dates, and rotates all products in accordance with company standards.
4. Maintains a safe, clean and organized workstation; cleans equipment immediately after use or as required.
5. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
6. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
7. Performs opening and/or closing side works according to established checklists.
8. Trains new cooks on company standards, polices and procedures based on company guidelines and/or brand training and position requirements and completes required ACT position training paperwork management.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during 6-8hr shift, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; Reaches, bends, stoops, shakes, stirs and wipes; The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste or smell; The employee must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise; Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-pound cases several times per shift.
Frequent immersion of hands in water and other cleaning agents.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.