Sep 02 Project Scheduler
Program Management - MARTA
At H. J. Russell & Company, we know that exception outcomes start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exceptional outcomes are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying, and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion, and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and life. If you believe that this is the job for you, then why not come and work for a company that’s here to help you move in the direction you want to go, and one that has been named by our team members as “Top Workplace”, a recognition we are proud to have. Russell is based in Atlanta, GA.
Russell is currently seeking a Project Scheduler in our Atlanta, GA office to support the Centralized Project Management Office (CPMO) in support of our client, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) pursuit to rehabilitate, enhance and expand their light and heavy rail infrastructure, bus rapid transit lanes, transit facilities and stations, and state of good repairs initiatives. Responsible for implementing, developing, and maintaining the project schedules. Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships. Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Expert knowledge of Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.
- Ability to work with the management, project managers and project controls staff in the areas of planning and scheduling.
- Experience in developing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, including critical path schedule development, control, and analysis within an EPC Program and Projects.
- Experience with cost and resource load schedules.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
- Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Reports schedule status to all levels of project and Company management as well as to the Client.
- Provides computer input and performs an analytical review of reports generated.
- Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future long-range planning and forecasting.
- May provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to others in the resolution of project control problems.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Performs work in a safe manner and actively encourage others to do the same.
Other Job Requirements
- Must understand and interpret contract specifications to accordingly prepare and review construction schedules.
- Must collect and report on project schedules identifying and assisting in the analysis of project schedule variances and assist in the development of corrective action.
- Analyze TIA (Time Impact Analysis) reports using historical data captured from the CPM Schedule and provide written assessment
- Skilled in oral and written communication. Proficiency in using personal computer operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound, timely judgments often with incomplete information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Power BI, and Outlook) and other commonly used office software project control systems (PCS).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related fields preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in CPM scheduling on large-scale projects/programs
- 5 years expert knowledge of Primavera P6 required.
- Ability to read, comprehend engineering plans and translate into a WBS and Activities within a CPM schedule.
- Knowledge of construction, engineering, procurement, industry standards, and other project-related activities, their interfaces, and interdependencies.
- Transit experience is a plus but not required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, desired but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment and the noise level is usually moderate.