Dec 15 PT Host/Hostess – Paschal’s Resturant
Summary: Support the operation to deliver Superior Guest Service by performing duties which includes: prompt recognition, greeting and seating of guests and perform various duties as assigned.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Prompt recognition, greeting and seating of guests with a smile using established service standards.
2. Presents menu in a consistent manner while providing the highest quality of service.
3. Sets tables with appropriate silverware; maintains neat and clean workstation.
4. Answers incoming calls and makes reservations or directs to appropriate persons.
5. Communicates with restaurant personnel to ensure that guests’ needs are meets.
6. Refilling beverages removes service items and condiments per establishment procedures.
7. Follows safe food handling and proper hygiene practices.
8. Adheres to workplace safety standards for operating and maintaining equipment and reports any equipment malfunction to management immediately.
9. Performs opening and/or closing side works according to established checklists.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and effectively communicate information individually and in small group situations to customers and co workers. Ability to understand the English language both written and verbal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to apply reasonable understanding in carrying out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to continuously stand and walk; use hands for lifting and carrying (0-20 lb.), frequent handling, feeling objects, tools or controls; occasional stooping and bending; Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.